Several customers complain that Need for Speed crashes at the original loading screen or even during gameplay. With this post, we will talk about many troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
Change Compatibility Options
Compatibility choices include visual theme as well as desktop composition settings. Need for Speed crashes when unsupported capabilities are actually enabled. Disable unsupported functions and run the game once again.
1. Right click Shift.exe file.
2. Select Properties from the context menus.
3. In the Properties dialog press the Compatibility tab.
4. Check up the boxes labelled “Disable visual themes” as well as “Disable pc composition”.
5. Click Apply|OK.
Reinstall Nvidia Physx
Nvidia Physx installation could be corrupt. Uninstall it and install it from the DVD ROM of its.
1. Click Start|Control Panel.
2. Click Programs|Uninstall a system.
3. Select “Nvidia Physx” from the list of installed programs.
4. Click “Uninstall” button.
5. Follow the setup wizard and then restart.
6. Insert Nvidia Physx DVD ROM and run the installer plan.
Replace Graphics Configurations
All graphics configurations are preserved in a file called “GraphicsConfig.xml”. This particular file is kept in the The Documents folder of mine. Open the file, set suggested adjustments and preserve the changes.
1. Click Start|The Documents of mine.
2. Double click “NFS Shift” folder.
3. Right click a file called “GraphicsConfig.xml” & select Open With|Notepad.
4. Set the following recommended settings:
Height= 768 five. Disable Windowed Mode by changing the value of its to “0” (zero)
6. Click File|Save and then exit.
Reset Game Options
Game choices include simple configurations, user preferences connected to filtering, feel as well as shadow. Reset them as shown below:
1. Run Need for Speed.
2. Click Options|Graphics.
3. Enable a feature called “V-Sync”
4. Disable “Shadow” option.
5. Set higher consistency information.
6. Save the changes.
Disable Auto Log In Feature
Would you play the game on the internet? In the event you do not play it on the internet, you might need to disable the “Auto Log In” option.
1. Click Options|Online.Sponsored
2. Disable Auto Log In element.
3. Save the changes.
Run a Registry Scan Registry scan identifies and repairs game registry entries. Download a great Registry Cleaner program, full scan the ca and restore all mistakes detected.
Delete Corrupt Data Files
Game information is kept in data files. The data files of yours could be corrupt. Delete them to ensure that Need for Speed will re create them once again.
1. Double click The Computer desktop icon of mine.
2. Open the following directory:
C:UsersUserNameDocumentsCriterion GamesNeed For Speed(TM) Most Wanted
3. Click Edit|Select All.
4. Delete all selected data.
The most effective way to fix Need for Speed crashes is actually using Requirement for Speed Crash Fix application. It diagnoses all issues related to game options, registry entries.